FAA IA Requirements
FAA I.A. Minimum Requirements
To be eligible for an inspection authorization, an applicant must meet the following requirements in
accordance with FAR 65.91
1. Hold a current effective mechanic certificate with both A&P ratings. Which has been effective for a total
of 3 years.
2. Have been actively engaged, for at least the 2 year period before the date of application, in maintaining
aircraft certified and maintained IAW FAR 65.
3. Have a fixed base of operations
4. Have available equipment, facilities, and Inspection data (see below), necessary to properly inspect after
major repair and major alteration.
5. Pass the I.A. written examination.
Copyright 2010 AvTech Exams LLC
6951 Flight Road, Suite #202
Riverside, CA 92504. Ph 951-352-8180
A&P IA FCC GROL Airframe and Powerplant inspection authorization faa testing cats testing oral and practical a&p exam preparation aviation
technician FAR AMT Irfreame and powerplant oral and practical study faa dme faa riverside fsdo A&P for foreign applicant a&p license a&p